DEFENSIVE DRIVING COURSE
Give your employees the Defensive Driving Course (DDC) and help them join the ranks of the most safety-conscious drivers on the road.
For employees who drive either a company vehicle or their own vehicle on the job, safe driving is a matter of occupational safety. However, an estimated nine out of 10 time-loss injuries happen off the job, not counting employees who take time off to care for an injured family member. When a company driver is involved in a crash, insurance rates can skyrocket.
In addition, indirect costs (whether the worker was driving on or off the job) can include recuperation time, re-staffing, retraining and lost productivity.
Fewer collisions to company vehicles will help control insurance costs – and safe drivers less loss time from work because they avoid collisions. That is why a defensive driving course can benefit all employees (and family members) who have a driver’s license. DDC is designed to teach your employees and their families how to drive safely.
The Defensive Driving Course is an established, proven program designed to produce:
- Fewer company-vehicle collisions
- Less absenteeism due to injuries and court time
- Life-long safe driving habits.
- DDC is designed for the adult learner
Complete concepts are presented so they are easily understood. Materials are fully integrated. This enables participants who can’t read well to learn visually and through group discussion.
- Five core modules and choice of three optional modules, taught in six hours; .Case studies and written exercises; .Interactive class discussion; and .Specific techniques to help drivers avoid all types of traffic collisions despite the actions of others or the driving conditions
- Drivers learn the principles of defensive driving and essential collision avoidance techniques
- A comprehensive 72-page Student Manual which consolidates course content and provides interactive exercises
- and a graduation card and certificate
Three part collision prevention formula:
- Recognize the Hazard
- Understand the Defense
- Act in Time
For more information on this program contact Terry or Sheila at 250-383-6041